Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Art / Craft / Reward Chart Display

Remember the Simple Reward Chart?  Well, we finally put it to work at the Murray household.  But--I need to put it up somewhere, I knew I wanted it in the playroom vs. bathroom since this was to be used for good behavior as well potty training.

I was inspired by Ana White's Clip Art Rails but wanted something a bit sturdier since my boys are climbing the walls these days.  I definitely wanted clips over hooks for future use.

My supplies were quick, easy, and cheap.  I went to Lowe's in search of a piece of scrap wood and stumbled across this piece of wood that did not require cutting and was priced under $2.  The clips, which I now know are called Alligator clips, I bought at Office Depot for $.61 for all 3.  Gorilla Glue and spray paint I already had on hand.   


Again, I failed to take photos during the process, but this is super simple.  I painted the wood.  Dirtied it up with some watered down brown paint.  Glued on clips (even though they're magnetic) with hot glue.  Huh--just noticed that I did not even need Gorilla Glue.  Whoops!

Here's the finished product. I used 3 clips even though I only ever intend to use two, but I think things look better in groups of 3. :)

I'm happy with the result.  Let me know what you think....


No comments: