Thursday, October 14, 2010

Show your spirit!!

School spirit, that is!!

A little while ago a friend of mine asked if I could whip up a couple of hats for her twin girls in the colors of our local college, Ohio State (like how I framed that like it was some tiny school?  HA!).   She wanted scarlet & gray and a flower. Easy enough, right? 

I was so excited to have a new challenge.  I ended up sort of doing my own pattern (which I promise to type up at some point), but my inspiration was this hat design posted HERE and the flower pattern found HERE.  I ended up  doing straight stockinette stitch for the hats instead of what the pattern called for and I made a few other minor tweaks as well.  And since I'm not a fan of paying attention to gauge when knitting, they came out a bit too large, but luckily the girls will have room to grow into them. :)

I used my new favorite yarn of all time, Deborah Norville Serenity Chunky Yarn (oh how I wish they made this yarn in more colors!!!) in Molten Lava and Lion Brand Jiffy yarn in Dove & Dark Heather Gray.



I am super pleased with how they turned out!  We're Notre Dame Irish fans in our house, so now my challenge is to make a ND version for my daughter (and maybe a less girlie version for my son, too). 

No comments: