Friday, October 8, 2010

Tis the season - Pumpkins

Now that the weather is finally starting to break and the leaves are changing colors, my knitting needles have come out of hibernation.  

Last year I took on a new knitting challenge.  Up until then, my knitting forte had been scarves -- and LOTS of them!  But I wanted to branch out and this seemed like a perfect project for the pumpkin patch with my little ones.  Nothing screams child torture like being forced to wear a pumpkin on your head. :)

I found this simple, beginner pattern here.  I went on a mad hunt to find the perfect shades of deep orange and green and landed with a color combo from the Vanna Choice collection by Lion Brand (the colors I used were Rust and Olive).  It is just the right deep, not screaming orange shade AND has a nice softer feel for infants & toddler.  Plus the yarn is very forgiving -- when made to the "infant" size of the pattern, this yarn will actually "give" enough to fit my 2.5 yr old toddlers again this year.



This is a quick, easy project.  Have fun pickin'!

1 comment:

The Bonjour Four said...

how cute is that?! looks hard to make though!